Friday, May 12, 2017

Trump's Driving My Political Brain Insane.

Future Impeached President Donald Trump
I've been trying to write a few days ahead on this blog so that, like these days, when I get busy I have some posts ready to go.  .

You may have noticed that I've been late to react to the latest Donald Trump news.  Frankly, after James Comey was fired, I didn't quite know what to write.  I still don't.  I'm stunned.  I'm slack-jawed.  I'm nearly speechless, and I'm trying to find out why there are still nearly four in ten people in the United States that back Donald Trump as President.

So, this is a pretty disjointed stream of consciousness mess on the current situation.

To me, it's crystal clear that when you take five or six steps back and look at the big picture that this administration has something to hide, and it's trying it's darnedest to hide it.  The only one who isn't is Donald J. Trump.  

Trump is lumbering through this Presidency like a rhinocerous trapped in a crystal factory.  He's knocking things over and leaving every one else to clean up his mess, but he's the rhino...so he doesn't care.  

Trump is Robert Stack in Airplane...

Only Trump goes ahead and tries to anticipate what you think he should not do and then does it.  You get the feeling that his team tells him to avoid talking about topic A.  Common sense, political wisdom, and everything else would tell Trump to avoid topic A.  So, he talks about topic A or he makes the exact decision leading to the scenario in topic A.

Russian connection? PSH! Let's have them in the Oval Office and only let their media in! Media asy what?  Trump's saying, "I've got an idea. Let's fire the FBI Director because he's getting too close.  He wants to investigate my people more.  I've also got a fool proof plan to explain it all.  We'll blame it on Hillary Clinton's e-mails so the Democrats will have to agree."

Everyone nervously in the room shakes their head yes because no one would want to defy the President.

I'm trying to make sense of it, but I simply can't. Trump continues to defy logic, sensibility, and good thought at every level.

I mean...when I write it again, it just boggles my mind.  Just days after requesting more juice for his investigation into the Trump Administration’s ties to Russia, Comey was fired by President Trump on the alleged recommendation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein. Many of us out here in Real-Worldville don’t buy it.

Trump claims he fired Comey over the handling of Hillary Clinton’s e-mail case. Come on, man?  I want to cuss!  After he spent months on the campaign trail stoking the fire of that case, he’s going to fire the man that gave him the wood? Puh-leeze. This President is insane or has an impeachment wish!

He's making me crazy!!  He's even making those on the right crazy too.  He's got them buying into his bull feces.

Here's the bottom line.  If Trump wanted Comey gone, he should have done it as one of his first actions in office. Trump didn’t want Comey gone until it looked like Comey was about to be an enemy...I mean...I think.  I don't know any more.  

Then there's the whole manner in which Comey was fired...which blows my feeble mind even more.

So, Donald Trump pens a letter firing Comey while the Director was in Los Angeles, has it delivered by his personal bodyguard to the FBI Headquarters, and doesn’t bother to pick up the phone to call Comey. Are you kidding me?

In a Gallup Poll, 54 percent believe Trump inappropriately fired Comey. That means 38 percent believe Trump did the right thing in firing Comey, and that coincidentally matches his current job approval rating. These people are....kaj;eiakf;alej;laiedjfaoreifa;ijead;lifiedjc;alwekzj.

Sorry...(deep breath)...

I believe this will all come back to bite Trump right in the behind. I just don’t think he’s good enough at covering his own tracks. Patience is a virtue with this one. I am still nearly certain of this...Donald Trump is on his way to making history. He may be the third President to be impeached, but he may be the first to actually deserve it and be convicted in the Senate.

When he's removed from office, he'll do an interview with Sean Hannity, "No one has been removed from office before...I mean...it's the first time, Sean.  It's historic."

No comments: